Senior Vice President – Project Development
Mr. Giakoumis serves as Senior Vice President of Project Development for Blue Sky Communities and leads the Project Development and Construction divisional teams of Blue Sky. Greg oversees the Blue Sky development pipeline, sets goals, and monitors company portfolio for all active jobs. He develops and implements organizational policies, procedures and best practice guidelines. Additionally, he builds relationships with consultants, architects and contractors and negotiates contracts.
Greg has been in the affordable housing industry since 2007. Before joining Blue Sky, Greg led, planned, and executed all aspects of more than 55 tax credit projects across 13 states. During that time, Greg was focused on project financing and underwriting. In this role, his responsibilities included determining feasibility, tax credit and other financial application submissions, and closing due diligence. His experience also includes preparing Capital Needs Assessments, plan & cost review reports, construction monitoring, and equity draws.
- Bachelor of Applied Science in Project Management, St. Petersburg College.
- Master of Business Administration in Real Estate Development, Liberty University, in progress
- PMP (Project Management Professional), designated by the Project Management Institute
- HCCP (Housing Credit Certified Professional), designated by the National Association of Home Builders
- CBO (Certified Building Official), designated by the International Code Council
- CDT (Construction Document Technologist), designated by the Construction Specification
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt, designated by the Council for Six Sigma